- 176 pages.
- Over 90 colour illustrations
A revised and updated edition of the complete Platform 5 guide to all former main line steam, diesel and electric locomotives and multiple units that are still in existence. Preserved Locomotives of British Railways contains a complete list of all such locomotives formerly owned by British Railways, its constituent companies and its successors. It Includes numbers, names, home location and builder details for every locomotive and multiple unit plus technical data for every class. Includes the following:
- All steam locomotives of British Railways, the “Big Four” and their predecessors that are still in existence
- Former war department steam locomotives
- Replica and new build steam locomotives
- All diesel and electric locomotives, multiple units and railcars of BR and pre-nationalisation companies.
- Current number, former numbers, names, build dates, builder and home locations for every locomotive and multiple unit.
- A comprehensive list of preservation sites and operating railways with OS grid references.
- 176 pages. Over 90 colour illustrations.
This 2022 edition of Preserved Locomotives of British Railways contains all the recent additions to preservation. It also incorporates the many movements of locomotives and multiple units that have taken place since the previous edition was published in 2020.
Compiled by the Today’s Railways UK team of Robert Pritchard and Ian Beardsley, Preserved Locomotives of British Railwaysis the most comprehensive guide of its nature available.